Bunny Rock 5K Information
Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:00 A.M.
601 W. Montrose Dr.
This race has applied for and received the Chicago Area Runners Association designation as a CARA CERTIFIED RACE
. This race has agreed to adhere to and uphold CARA’s Best Practices Guidelines. These Guidelines embody the highest standards for quality, safety and comfort for participants in a road race.
Due to CARA’s advocacy efforts, runners in the Chicagoland area enjoy some of the highest quality road races in the country. To view the Guidelines and to learn more about CARA, visit www.cararuns.org.
The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) is a non-profit organization devoted to expanding, motivating, supporting and celebrating the running community of Chicagoland. CARA connects runners to resources that enable them to run – farther, faster, better, for life.
The Bunny Rock 5K is happy to support Fathers Helping Fathers
Saturday, March 30th at approximately 11am
$3 'You Call It's' for all guests with the event. Guests will need to show their bib number to show involvement.
$1 Per person will benefit Fathers Helping Fathers
Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up:
Pre Race Packet pickup will be held at Fleet Feet Sports
in Old Town (1620 N. Wells St, Chicago, IL 60614) at the following times:
Thursday, March 28 from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, March 29 from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
You may have a friend pick up a packet for you, please bring a copy of their confirmation email. Please enter through the main fleet feet entrance on Wells.
Parking: Discounted parking is $2 for the first hour of parking in the Piper's Alley garage (with validation). Meter street parking is also available on Wells Street.
Race Day Packet Pick-Up:
Race day packet pickup will be available at Montrose Harbor from 6:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. If you are picking up your packet race day, please arrive early and allow plenty of time to wait in line for your packets.
Bunny Ears, Sunglasses and Dri-Fit T-Shirt
for all 5k Participants:
All 5K Participants will receive FREE bunny ears, sunglasses, a dri-fit t-shirt, and goody bag. All egg hunt participants receive an egg basket.
Large live petting zoo with over 20 animals that include ducks, rabbits, goats, lambs, donkeys, and more!
The Bunny Rock 5k is an officially timed event using the disposable B-Tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event.
In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bibs is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
Results will be posted on-site, as soon as possible following the event and official results will be posted on our website within 24 hours.
Location & Parking:
-Base Camp will be in Grove 16, just West of the Montrose Beach House.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: The parking lot at Montrose is closed for renovations. Limited Street Parking is available around the park area.
- The parking lotsat Wilson and Foster are available, and are a short walk from the Race location.
- These lots are pay box lots.
- We really encourage the use of public transportation and carpooling. - Please arrive early and allow plenty of time to park. The roads into Montrose Harbor begin closing at 8:30 am and the parking lots will fill up shortly after.
- An award will be given to the participant / group that dress in the most creative Bunny costume!
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each age group. (10 and under every 5 years until 80 and older)
Registration: Mail Registration Form to:
Adrenaline Sports Management
c/o Bunny Rock Chicago
770 Industrial Drive Suite A
Cary, IL 60013
Fax Registration Form to:
847-829-4577 Refunds / Exchanges:
There will be no refunds or exchanges for the Bunny Rock 5k or 100 Yard Dash Egg Hunt.
For More Information:
Call Adrenaline Sports Management: 847-829-4538
E-mail Adrenaline Sports Management: firstname.lastname@example.org